Thursday, April 1, 2010

2nd Suscriber, Speedos, Dostoevsky, LOST, Manroulette and Other Stuffs

First off, thanx BobaThaiTea for subscribing. I now have a grand total of 2 followers (cue applause)! Hope to see you around.

Some updates. I made time to go to the pool last week, and man it's been a while since I last swam. In case you're wondering (you might not be, but I'll tell you anyway), I love swimming, and I guess I'm pretty good at it. I'm not like school rep material or anything like that, but I could beat pretty much most of my peer's asses. I used to swim 60-80 laps every day, but well, that was a long time ago. What love the most about swimming is the feeling of just being in the water. When I'm doing laps, everything else juts fades away and it's just me and the water and the laps, on and on and on. Sometimes, the sensation that I get when the water rushes against me (or me against the water) makes me feel like I'm flying. I think swimming is really the closest that one could get to flying physically. I could get quite a bit of thinking done while I'm in the water too. And of course, there are the boys in tight speedos. Man, who could say no to that, right? Haha. And that day when I went to the uni pool, there were a bunch of navy guys training. Suffice to say, I didn't get much swimming done, since I was obviously busying myself with something else lol. And the best thing is I've got my tan back! In case you're wondering again, yes I do have a nice tan line (vain!).

Speedo boys, yum yum!

This week I've finally finished The Brothers Karamazov! You have no idea how proud I am of myself. I have always been a big fan of Dostoevsky ever since I first read Crime and Punishment. That was an amazing book, but Karamazov is even better. It took me almost 3 months to finish the beast, but every page was a ride. The chapter that captivated me the most would definitely be The Grand Inquisitor. It is without a doubt THE most original case of argument against God. Someone once said that it is possible to achieve a feeling akin to orgasm when reading a piece of great literature, and I think it did it for me (No, I didn't get a raging boner while reading it, thanks for asking). I almost burst into tears by the time I finished the final sentence of the chapter and felt like jumping for joy without reason and go around telling people what I've just read. Then I found out none of my friends read Dostoevsky, and that brought me back down to earth (lol). I guess many people are intimidated by the works of classic authors, but Dostoevsky's books are surprisingly easy to get into. I think one of the reasons is his ability to create characters that mirror the different parts of our psyche, and most often than not, I get the feeling that I'm reading about myself. That's the power of Dostoevsky. He is a master of human psychology, and this book captures perfectly the reason why. It's no surprise why he had such a huge influence on the likes of Nietzsche and Freud. I'm telling you, there is something about Russians and literature. My next Dostoevsky should be The Idiot, but I can't seem find the Pevaear and Volokhonsk translation (which is supposedly the best there is) in any of the bookstores or libraries here. And Amazon doesn't deliver to Malaysia. Hmmm, perhaps I should wait till I'm in the Netherlands. Am now reading White Teeth by Zadie Smith. Heard that it's really good.

Dostoevsky: Better than God


Also caught the latest episodes of LOST. The one about Richard Alpert (excuse me, it's Ricardo), oh man it could be inducted into the "Best LOST Episode Hall of Fame" (albeit the constant distraction from Ricardo's guyliner). But the episode after that (the one about Jin and Sun), meh, it wasn't really as good, especially after the bar that the creators have set themselves with Ricardo's. Anyone actually knows what I'm talking about? Oh yeah, I've also started watching this new series called Ugly Americans, and you HAVE to watch it if you haven't alreasy. I won't spoil it for you, but it's like Futurama, only replace the aliens with zombies, werewolves, yetis, creatures from the underworld and, uhm, one pooping birdman.

Anyone has tried Chatroulette? You know, that site for pervs (straight and homos alike)? Now, what do you get when you take Chatroulette, minus all the straight guys and chicks and replace them with homos? You get Manroulette, that's what! I'm not kidding you. Manroulette is like a Chatroulette clone, but instead of getting 3 dicks out of every 10 nexts, with Manroulette, you get 6 (at least)! Ive been there a couple of times already, there aren't really many people using it yet, but you could find some pretty interesting characters in between the dicks (literally). The only problem is the chat function doesn't seem to work for me for some reason. I could read the messages sent from the other side just fine, but I couldn't send any. Which resulted in many frustrating moments when interesting guys who seem interested in chatting nexted me for not replying. I hope Manroulette fixes the bug so I could finally have a complete trolling experience.

Well, I guess that was all I 've been doing for the past few days, swim and read and trolling online. Will be going back to my hometown, probably tomorrow or the day after. I don't really miss home, but anything is better than being stuck here in uni. I've finally finished with the bulk of my work so being back home would be a real good opportunity to get some RnR before the looming finals.

P/S: Happy 1st of April!

See you soon!
Kai

3 comments:

  1. LOL how the hell did u manage to count that many laps. if i cud swim that much (which i cudnt) i'd just lose track of my laps after the first 20... haha

    ReplyDelete